- 3 and 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup Trutein Pumpkin Pie
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the oats, coconut, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt together until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites for about 1 minute. Whisk in the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth and combined.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix until everything is moistened. Spread onto two baking sheets and bake each batch for 40 minutes, making sure to stir the granola every 10-15 minutes to prevent burning.
Allow granola to cool for 20 minutes on the baking sheets. This will help it get crunchier. Cover tightly and store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. Granola will lose its crunch overtime because of the pumpkin.
Use as a cereal, protein pancake/waffle or yogurt topper. Try mixing the protein granola with one of our Protein Nut Butters for a complete snack/breakfast consisting of protein, good fat and crunch. Throw in a homemade trail mix or just baggy it and eat as a snack in it’s own.